Spring has sprung - make use of natural light!
- Use task lighting - focus the light where you need it rather than lighting a whole room
- Use power strips for electronics so that you can turn them off completely when not in use.
- If you aren't working remotely, power down your computer at night and on weekends, this saves energy and increases the life of your computer.
- Unplug power adapters, battery chargers, printers, speakers and other similar items whenever the equipment is fully charged or disconnected from the charger.
* Yale Office of Sustainability, Yale University