Have you ever wanted to make a really special centerpiece for your holiday table? Have you ever admired the wonderful floral arrangements in our Sanctuary and wanted to learn how to make one? YOU CAN – the Beth Shalom Garden Club can teach you how!
The Beth Shalom Garden Club actively supports the Temple and the Needham Community by creating magnificent flowers for our Sanctuary and events. As a group, we:
- Have speakers, programs, hands-on workshops and demonstrations on a variety of topics ranging from Ikebana to traditional and creative table centerpieces, to cooking with herbs as well as on horticulture and gardening
- Take field trips to interesting and unusual places like the Arboretum
- Create unique arrangements for Shabbat and special Temple programs
- Enhance and Embellish the Needham Vietnam Memorial
- Teach children about flowers and design
- Bring a "Garden Therapy" program to groups in our community with special needs
- Produce a popular Antique show Fundraiser
- Founded and continue to present "Needham Art in Bloom" – a weekend event featuring artwork from Needham High School students interpreted by the members of the Beth Shalom Garden Club.
- Participate in local flower show competitions
The Garden Club was formed by a group of Temple Members with a shared interest in flowers and gardening. The Beth Shalom Garden Club is open to all and we welcome you to join us!
The Beth Shalom Garden Club is a member of the National Garden Club, Inc. at www.gardenclub.org and the Garden Club Federation of Massachusetts, Inc. at www.gcfm.org. Visit their sites for more information.
For more information on the Beth Shalom Garden Club and our programs, contact Cindy Carson at [email protected].