Temple Beth Shalom Mikdash Dedication Weekend
Join us as we celebrate our community and dedicate our new temple home! We will have many events September 9-11, 2016.
- Friday, September 9 5:00pm - Tours - Come for a pre-Shabbat guided tour of our new temple home. Tours will run every 20 minutes from 5:00 pm - 6:40pm.
- Friday, September 9 7:15pm - Shabbat Services followed by Festive Oneg - Special words and prayers will help us usher in this historic weekend.
- Saturday, September 10 9:00am - Dedication Weekend Torah Study: "The Meaning of a Holy Place" - Gathered in our new Beit Midrash, we will explore Torah's understanding of what makes a place sacred.
- Saturday, September 10 6:00pm-9:00pm - Dedication Ceremony and Reception - Join us as we officially dedicate our new temple home with a joyful ceremony, festive music, special activities throughout our building, mezuzah hanging, tours, light refreshments, and more!
- Sunday, September 11: Family Fun Day
- Sunday, September 11 10:00am-12:00noon - Family Open House - Join us to celebrate and explore our new temple home! This family event will include tours, activities for kids and families, child-friendly refreshments, music, and more!
- Sunday, September 11 2:00pm-4:00pm - Etzim (6th-7th Grade) Open House & Kick Off - For those registered for grades 6-7 in our Etzim program. Join us to explore the new building, including our new Teen Center!
- Sunday, September 11 4:00pm-6:00pm - Etzim (8th-12th Grade) Open House & Kick Off - For those registered for grades 8-12 in our Etzim program. Join us to explore the new building, including our new Teen Center!
Dedication Host Committee Members: Ina Glasberg, Margie Glou, Janet Zaval, Soni Masur, Danielle Darish, Stephanie Javaheri, Dara Grossman, Lori Shaer
Bumps, Babies & Beyond Registration
Registration is now open for Bumps, Babies & Beyond. For more details and to sign up, click here.
We need regular shifts of volunteers to facilitate our weekly Shabbat services at the Rashi School. Ushers will be needed in the lobby, the sanctuary, and positioned in hallways to direct congregants to services, and to help ensure that we are repectful guests of our gracious hosts at the Rashi School. Security Desk Monitors will be needed at the lobby security desk. You will buzz guests in, and keep an eye on the security monitors. Can you help run the sound and light controls in the Rashi auditorium (our temporary sanctuary)? There are buttons, dials, faders, and switches galore. If you already have experience with sound and light boards we really want you! If you don't have experience, but think you're up to the task we want to talk to you about getting an hour (or so) of training. Please click here to signup for the dates and times that work best for you.
New at TBS: The TBS Business Directory
Do you own a business? Are you self-employed? Temple Beth Shalom is creating an online business directory populated with businesses owned and managed by our members. If you would like to have your business listed in our free online directory, please visit the new link on the left hand menu or click here. And if you are looking for a business (a handyman, a restaurant, a dentist, a doctor, or anyone), please feel free to visit our listing of TBS member owned business and support your fellow TBS members.
Music Task Force Recommendations
Click here to read the report and the recommendations presented by the Music Task Force and unanimously endorsed by the Board of Trustees. If you are interested in participating in any of the opportunities outlined in the attached document, please be in touch with Cantor Jonas at [email protected].
Greening Your Simcha
Shomrei Adamah has a new initiative to make your events and parties more green. For more information, click here.
Help our Bar/Bat Mitzvah Students Help Others
Support our Bar/Bat Mitzvah students with their Mitzvah projects. For more information on their charitable endeavors, click here.
No front page content has been created yet.